Explore the military history and fascinating culture of Papua New Guinea on this exclusive 11-day WW2 History cruise. You will be accompanied by some of Australia’s leading WW2 historians, who will bring the history of the Pacific War to life with a program of keynote presentations, panel discussions and workshops during our 3-day conference. And on shore you will walk the ground in the footsteps of the Anzacs at Milne Bay and Rabaul, accompanied by our historians. This cruise group is being organised exclusively by Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours.
This unique WW2 experience will be hosted aboard P&O Pacific Explorer, departing Brisbane on 6 October 2021 where you will enjoy a 10-night holiday like no other as they explore the history of neighbouring Papua New Guinea. A truly immersive experience, where you will enjoy a range of exclusive workshops, shore excursions and seminar discussions all hosted by renowned historians and led by Mat McLachlan.
HOSTED BY MAT MCLACHLAN
A leading battlefield historian, author and founder of Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours who has spent more than two decades following in the footsteps of Australian troops around the world. He is an authority on the battlefields of the Western Front, Gallipoli, the Pacific battlefields of World War Two, the Vietnam War and the Normandy landing beaches.
MASTER of CEREMONIES – Chris Masters
SUPPORTING HISTORIANS – Gary McKay & David Howell
Your Holiday Experience includes:
- 10 night cruise on board the 4-Star Pacific Explorer
- Hosted by Mat McLachlan
- Exclusive 3-day WW2 conference with leading historians (2 sessions each day)
- Exclusive shore tours accompanied by select conference historians at Milne Bay and Rabaul
- Exotic cultural destinations including Kitava, Kiriwina and Conflict Islands
- All meals including three private group dinners with historians and other guests
- Welcome cocktail party
- Interior staterooms from $1,999 per person twin share
- Ocean view staterooms from $2,799 per person twin share
- Balcony staterooms from $3,599 per person twin share
- Mini Suite from $4,299 per person twin share
- Suite from $5,299 per person twin share
Solo travellers pay 200% of the cabin fare
3rd/4th Guests pay $1,799 per person
Pricing is strictly subject to availability and change until the time of deposit.
PRE-CRUISE EXTENSION: (Pricing on application)
1 night pre-cruise package at the Royal on the Park Brisbane incl. breakfast
Coach transfer between hotel & port
To book or for more information call Cruise World Holidays on 1800 175 174 or enquire online today.
* Terms and Conditions apply. Some ocean view or balcony cabins may have an obstructed view. Cabins are on a guarantee basis and will be allocated only 48 hours prior to the sailing. Slight changes to the program may occur if needed by the organsisers. Agents may charge service fees and/or fees for card payments which vary. Prices are inclusive of port charges, government fees and are correct as at 13 August 2020. Passengers are bound by the full P&O Cruises Australia terms and conditions and Mat McLachlan Battlefield Tours terms and conditions.
All offers are subject to Terms & Conditions. All prices quoted are per person twin share unless otherwise stated and subject to availability & operator conditions. Prices are correct at time of print but may be subject to change without notification. Operators reserve the right to withdraw offers at any time.